You can now create new bookmarks, edit and delete existing ones. You can also edit and delete folders (Create folders may come in a later release).
Some juicier details:
- From your favourite browser, try and "share" a url.
- You'll get a list of applications that can accept this share, and ChromeMarks should now be in that list.
- Simply select ChromeMarks and you'll get a dialog where you can amend the name, url, icon and location to save it. NOTE: Stock browser doesn't send a name and rarely sends an icon by default.
- Click "create".
- ChromeMarks will sync your change and update it's database immediately.
- In your Google Chrome browser, the update is available immediately. Note that Google Chrome checks for updates at set intervals, so you may have to leave it for a few minutes or restart the browser to force a check.
Similarly, long click on any existing bookmark or folder and you can edit their details. This includes fetching the icon, if you wish. Any changes are committed immediately.
You can also delete any bookmark or folder by long clicking on it, choosing "edit" and then clicking on "delete". Any changes are committed immediately. There are some folders you can't delete, such as the Bookmark Bar.
|Editing an existing bookmark||Share a bookmark from the browser. Either long click on a web link or long click on the url in the address bar||ChromeMarks receiving a request to create a new bookmark from a "share"d link.|
There are a sprinkling of bug fixes along the way. Again, the database needs to be dropped and recreated. Hopefully we've got most of the bugs sorted so I'm not expecting another need to drop and recreate the database.
I've been playing for a while, but if you do find any bugs, please don't hesitate to contact me: chromemarks at howardb.com and I'll happily help.
To celebrate this major upgrade, ChromeMarks will be 1/3rd free for the next 48 hours.